Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chapter 9 Blog

"It's been a long while since I felt so good about Aisha. We're together, a sister-sister team. Sometimes an idea occurs to me in the middle of class, and I'll jot it down and meet her in the halls later. Papers we can show. A way to phrase something. It's like my brain is suddenly sharp and clear, though I'm moving real slow, and I know what my move is two steps ahead of me." page 78

I really like this quote because it shows you how the sisters are now treating each other. You see that they are finally bonding, which was due to happen soon. Now that they have a reason to work together, they are treating each other well and are very excited to be doing this letter. For Nadira to finally say that they are "a sister-sister team" means she has learned to get along well with Aisha and do something that can help their family. I really wanted Nadira and Aisha to get along, ever since the beginning. With the girls fighting, they couldn't help each other and protect their family. Now, with this bond, they might actually be able to finish this letter, retrieve their father from detainment, and bring their parents into Canada with asylum.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it's nice to see them as a team, working together for once. :)

    ReplyDelete