Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chapter 13-14 Blog

"My thoughts are speeding faster, and now one fear trips into another. What if it doesn't work? What if they don't care about my big discovery? Maybe I have to do something else--something bigger, guaranteed to save Abba. Quickly I dig in my pocket, find the scrap of paper and dial. The phone picks up after two rings." page 117

I chose this quote because Nadira is making a huge decision which could possibly change her life. I think it was really good that she didn't actually give Tareq the money because I feel that he would have taken it and not helped Nadira at all. I used to think Tareq was just the "bad boy", but now I see that he can actually be dangerous if given the right opportunity. If Nadira had given him all the money Abba worked hard to earn for her, then he would have to become something he's not, just because of what Nadira did to her family. I also think she should've talked to Aisha before taking any money because it was a very irresponsible thing to do. I hope Nadira will learn from this mistake and can help Aisha and their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment