Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Chapter 12 Blog

"This is the first time I've ever done this, but I put my arms around my sister. She feels as if she's all bones and she's shaking. I don't know what to say. So we sit like that for a long, long time." page 113

I chose this quote because I think Aisha and Nadira are starting to switch roles. Not change completely, but just the way they treat each other has switched. Nadira is acting more like she needs to take care of Aisha, and Aisha seems more helpless and needs Nadira there to help her. I also liked how the girls are learning to need each other more, rather than shutting the other person out of their lives. I'm also happy for Nadira for being closer to her sister. I hope they can get stronger (especially Aisha after her breakdown) and work together to help their family.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it feels like they're starting to switch roles. (A little.) :) I chose that quote too. I like it.

    ReplyDelete